Driving to the Career Center

Driving to the Career Center is considered a student privilege and not a student right; therefore, students and parents will be expected to comply with all rules and regulations concerning driving. All liability for accidents or problems incurred while driving or riding in a privately owned vehicle will be assumed by the parent and student (The School District of Pickens County assumes no liability for students while driving or riding to and from the career center).

In order to obtain a permit, the student must come to the Career Center to pick up an application. If permission has been granted for driving, the parent or guardian, the student, and the director or his designee will sign an agreement on the terms pertaining to the driving of a private vehicle to the career center and the driving permit will be issued after the payment of ten dollars ($10). 

  • Students who accumulate excessive tardies during each semester will have their permit suspended and will be required to use bus transportation during the time of suspension.
  • School year driver permits are for the driver only and passengers are allowed to be transported to and from the career center only with the parent or guardian specifically requesting in writing that the student be allowed to transport passengers. 
  • The speed limit for private vehicles is five (5) miles per hour while on the career center grounds.
  • A student, who receives any citation from the State Highway Department as a result of unsafe driving, will be subject to having his/her driving privilege suspended.
  • Students who transport unauthorized riders to and from the career center will be subject to suspension or revocation of driving privileges.
  • When driving or riding privileges are suspended, students are required to use bus transportation to and from the career center.
  • If the student fails to attend classes at the career center or high school, driving privileges will be suspended or revoked.

Riding to the Career Center
Students wishing to ride with another student must obtain a Rider's Permit. The parent/guardian of the driver must agree for a rider to be transported. The permit will be issued upon receiving a request form signed by the rider's parent/guardian. All students who do not have a driver's permit will be charged a $5.00 fee for a Rider's Permit.

Please pick up the Driving and Riding Forms from Law and Public Safety classroom. Complete the form and turn into Mr. Newton.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.