Our mission at the Pickens County Career & Technology Center is to give students the opportunity of discovery. We work with students to explore their talents and interests, and then match that with career opportunities. Our faculty works diligently to prepare students for college and to foster the skills to enter a competitive workforce.
Our vision is to continue to build strong partnerships with industry, post-secondary schools, and our high schools to provide unimaginable opportunities for our students.
We will develop a public relations program to improve and strengthen the perception of career and technology education and expand business and community opportunities. We will develop and implement a program to promote collaborative integration of careers, technologies and academics.
We believe . . .
- In the pursuit of excellence.
- Learning and education are life-long processes.
- All students must have equitable educational opportunities.
- All people are unique and valuable.
- All people can learn and contribute to society.
- Education is a shared responsibility.
- Students are our first priority.
- Education is the key to success.
- In a safe, caring learning environment for all students and staff.
- Cultural diversity promotes full development of the individual and society.
- The "parent" is a child's first teacher.
- Today's schools shape tomorrow's workforce.